- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $400,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
boy: haha, you’re really cute for a black girl ;)
me: thanks! you’re alright for a white boy ;D
boy: … that’s kind of a weird thing to say, but okay lol
That was literally my face before even seeing the gif.
Fox spent much of its VMA coverage questioning Beyonce’s ability to promote feminism while being "extremely sexual."
Megyn Kelly labeled Beyonce’s message and lyrics as “skanky,” while a FoxNews.com article claimed the singer “seemed to ensure her behind was the focus on each song, all the while educating young viewers about feminism.”
On The Five, Fox hosts suggested “she’s auditioning for a future husband,” and Greg Gutfeld announced that ”the greatest thing about pop culture is convincing women that acting like strippers is empowering.”
What Fox failed to recognize is that expressing sexuality does not automatically remove a woman’s right to discuss equality. Instead, the network righteously slut-shamed Beyonce and used her performance as basis to attack feminism as a whole. In reality, such policing of women’s sexuality has harmed progress toward equality. The very same mindset has been used to dismiss women’s need to access contraception, and blame rape survivors for their own assaults.
If anyone is going to be shamed, it should be Fox and its irresponsible coverage of women’s issues.
Click here to watch Jon Stewart discuss Fox News’s coverage of Ferguson, Missouri.
dropping hints to bae that ur ready
flies to 3 different countries in 3 mins
who wants to rob a bank with me
Daily Show correspondent Michael Che tries to find a safe place to report from.
burned my hand curling my hair today
the nerve of you lookin this good
Wil Wheaton, mensch.
I fuckin’ love Wil Wheaton. This is just an added bonus.